This may or not actually be the blogger’s version of a chain letter, but since we never properly completed the chain letters we received as kids, we’ll bite. We are honored to accept this peer-to-peer accolade, and we’d like to thank Francesca at Fine Wine & Tater Tots for her thoughtful nomination. Since starting The Modern Mamanista, we have been overwhelmed at the warm welcome, support and encouragement we’ve received from mom bloggers, like Francesca, in this close-knit community.
We’d also like to thank our coworkers and friends who have allowed us to take and share pictures of their stylish looks; our families for looking the other way when we neglect the laundry and dishes to write and shop online (hey, it’s now work); and our followers and readers who at least pretend that they think our jokes our funny.
The Modern Mamanista was birthed by (see what we did there?) three moms who recognized that the hottest water cooler conversation was an exchange of tips for finding “those shoes” on sale or how to look bright-eyed after being up all night with a sick child. And so, they decided to bring that conversation to the masses, because let’s face it; amid the beautiful, emotional chaos of motherhood, we all need at least one mom friend who you can rely on to give brutally honest advice and who won’t judge you when you need to drink a bottle of wine on Tuesday night because, kids.
While the blogging journey is different for everyone, there are two pieces of advice we feel hold true for anyone:
- Go for it! Research, plan, and then just start. Nothing will ever be perfect, so do the very best you can and hit publish. Once you start, momentum happens.
- Find your community. There are TONS of blogger/digital blogger groups on Facebook. Some are shit, but if you find a good one, sink your claws in and hold on tight. We’ve run into a few challenges we couldn’t solve, posted a message on these boards and within an hour had good, working solutions.
As is the tradition, we’d like to nominate some of our favorite bloggers for the Blogger Recognition Award. Each of these women are unique in their style and their perspective, but they are all smart, driven and inspiring moms who are doing amazing things everyday with their posts.
And the nominees are…
Mom Crush Monday
Well Sewn Style
This Blonde Life
Lullabies and Louboutins
The Blushing Mama
This Life in Progress
Now THAT I Can Do, Mama!
Get Your Pretty On
Style Me Pretty
Layered By Cake
Running with Strollers
Couture in the Country
Mix It Up With Curves
Nominees, following are your rules for continuing the award chain!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
Again, thank you to everyone who has and continues to support us in this fun distraction we call our side hustle. We love writing for you and hope to continue to create content that inspires you to be your most fabulous you – no matter how crazy your kids drive you.