Relatable Beauty & Fashion + a Little Uplifting Girl Talk.
Our goal at The Modern Mamanista is to inspire women of all shapes and sizes to embrace their inner beauty and give us all a place to share favorite things, beauty hacks and feel supported.
– Showing you what we wear in real life. We aren’t professional models, we’re real women balancing all the things just like you. Sometimes when the alarm goes off, you need some inspiration on what to wear to take on the day.
– Celebrating the beauty in each of us. We believe every woman is beautiful, and we want to celebrate that! You don’t have to be a size 0, have perfect hair or skin, or have a closet full of expensive clothes to be beautiful.
– Bringing you the things we love. We are all in this together, and what helps one of us may help another. As we tell the kids, “sharing is caring,” right? Life is hard, but fashion doesn’t have to be.
– Being real and authentic. We are not beauty school graduates. We are not professional photographers. Our pictures may not have the best lighting and there may be a dog, kid, husband or messy house in the background, but we promise you they are real.
– Inspiring you with stories that inspire us. And hopefully will inspire you too! The world needs more positivity in it, so any time we have a chance to share a heartwarming story or feel good moment, we will!
– Sharing on trend items at all different price points. Life is expensive. If you have the money to splurge on this season’s “it bag,” awesome (and can we borrow it?!) If not, we’ve got you covered with alternatives at different price points that won’t break the bank.
Meet the Mamanistas
The Modern Mamanista was created a few years ago by a few friends who loved standing at the office Keurig talking about life, kids, outfits, and beauty secrets. “OMG, you look so cute!” became the standard good morning greeting. In the time it took to brew the coffee, a blog was born. Over the years it’s evolved to a blog, social pages like Instagram and Facebook, and even an online shopping page where women can share their latest finds. You can also sign up for our email newsletter here to receive all our latest outfit ideas, beauty advice, and inspiration delivered straight to your inbox. We couldn’t be happier to connect with so many wonderful Mamanistas in this community.
Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Height: 5’ 8”
Size: 4; Small
Occupation: School Administrator, Fashion Blogger, Educator, Bargain Shopper
This Mamanista started as a young fashionista when my mom bought me a Fashion Plates drawing set and Superstar Barbie Fashion Face for my birthday in the 80’s. For work, I gravitate towards effortless chic, and look for great jewelry and shoes to make my outfit. I’d like to think shoes, not diamonds, are really a girl’s best friend.
For the weekends, I embrace my girl next door style with more casual chic comfortable pieces that take me from errands to kid activities and family dinners at our favorite restaurant or a concert at our neighborhood plaza. No lounge pants and slippers or mom jeans for this mom!
- Noah, 17
- Jacob, 13
- Ella, 14
My Favorite Feature:
My eyes and my legs
Keep your heels, head and standards high.
Create your own happiness.
Height: 5’ 6”
Size: 2/4; XS/S
Occupation: Natural Health Account Manager, Beauty Expert, Natural Health & Nutrition Expert, Fashion & Beauty Blogger
I try to balance glamour and simplicity in my beauty and fashion style. I’ve been drawn to beauty since the day my mom bought me my first makeup stash (because I begged her relentlessly until she said yes). And I’m pretty sure I was the only girl in Kindergarten wearing bright red lipstick and carrying a purse!
My love of beauty has evolved over the years, and as a natural health expert, I’ve learned to incorporate earth-friendly natural beauty and health products into my daily routine without sacrificing one bit of the glam.
Aunt extraordinaire to 3 nieces and 2 nephews, I hope to start my own family someday soon! My sisters predict twins, but we’ll see what life has planned for me.
My lips and eyes.
I believe confidence is the best accessory you can wear.