Hot summer days are a-coming, and they go great with weekends by the pool. And what goes great with hot days by the pool? Cold drinks (or DRANKS, if you will). Here’s each Mamanista’s pick for the best poolside drinks. These are adult beverages, so keep out of reach of the 21-and-under crowd.
Aimee’s Easy Pink Lemonade
I’m a die-hard red wine drinker, but that’s a tough one to do by the pool during a hot summer day. I like to keep my drinks ice-cold and a little fruity with a splash of something bubbly. My go-to poolside drink is this easy pink lemonade concoction, which I absolutely have NOT been drinking since high school. It’s been responsibly consumed since the day I turned 21. Anyways, there’s already enough stress when taking a family of five to the crowded neighborhood pool, so I like to keep my drink simple, cold and fruity.
- Pink lemonade (powder mix or pre-made, it’s up to you, I won’t judge)
- Vodka (Tito’s or Stoli is my personal favorite)
- Lime and Strawberries (optional, only add if you’re feeling fancy)
How to Make It
- Get the biggest Tervis Tumbler or Yeti cup you have. We want an insulated tumbler that will keep your drink cool as you sweat your stuff off.
- Fill with ice.
- Add pink lemonade and vodka to taste. I usually pour one more finger of vodka for good measure.
- Top with a splash of Sprite.
- If you’re really feeling fancy, garnish with a lime and/or add some muddled strawberries.
After about two, you’ll want to make sure someone ELSE is supervising the kid’s swimming, because they can sneak up on you!
Sarah’s Margarita Sangria
I love a good Margarita on a hot day! I’m a straight up lime on the rocks with salt kind of girl! But my boyfriend and I recently came across this Margarita Sangria for a neighborhood pool party and it’s the perfect mix of margarita and summer at the pool! We modified the original Tipsy Bartender version a bit to make our own poolside concoction. You can make it in a big glass container for indoor parties or in a more pool friendly plastic beverage dispenser then have everyone BYOT (Bring Your Own Tumbler).
- 3 cups Tequila (top shelf to avoid a headache the next day!)
- 2 cups Coconut Tequila
- 1 cup Triple Sec
- 8 cups Pink Lemonade
- 4 cups Pineapple Juice
- Lemon Slices
- Lime Slices
- Pink Grapefruit Slices
How to Make It
- Slice fruit into slices for the big drink dispenser and cut up a few smaller pieces for individual glasses (set those aside for later).
- Add fruit slices to a large beverage dispenser.
- Pour Tequila, Coconut Tequila, Triple Sec, Pink Lemonade, and Pineapple Juice over fruit.
- Stir mixture and serve. This makes enough for 8 – 16 ounce servings so feel free to adjust the amounts accordingly.
- Grab your favorite insulated tumbler (I love my Yeti for the pool!).
- Fill with ice and fill tumbler with Margarita Sangria gloriousness!
- Enjoy Responsibly!
Liz’s Prosecco Punch
Let’s get something straight: I love prosecco all year long. In the fall, winter, spring and summer. It’s the year-round drink that goes with any weather and with any event. I truly believe it’s impossible to open a bottle of prosecco and not feel like the grand marshall of a fabulous party.
- LaMarca Prosecco
- LaCroix in any flavor
- Cranberry Juice
How to Make It
- Mix the prosecco, vodka and your choice of flavored LaCroix.
- Add a splash of cranberry.
- Pour in your favorite stemless silicon wine glass like this or this one. Enjoy being fabulous.