Mornings are my kryptonite, so I thought I’d put Drew’s five-minute beauty routine to the test to see if it helped get me out the door on time and looking pulled together. I was skeptical at first, but I think she’s on to something here.
My on-the-go regimen typically only includes CC cream, mascara and a sheer berry lip gloss, but the extra steps didn’t add that much extra time (I did this in 7 minutes, 39 seconds). And while I rarely do a bold lip, when Drew Barrymore tells you to step up your game with more dramatic lip color, you listen.
I don’t have the same arsenal of cosmetics as Drew, so here’s what I used:
- Smashbox Photofinish Primer (I cannot live without this primer, which keeps my makeup in place all day while controlling shine.)
- Makeup Forever Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation
- Smashbox Step-by-Step Contour Kit (This kit is everything and even comes with a contouring brush – highly recommend for anyone new to contouring!)
- Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder Compact in “Highlight 01 – golden nude” (I like a little extra highlight on my cheekbones and brows.)
- NARS Blush (Note: “Orgasm” is frequently on best beauty products lists, as the color looks phenomenal on almost every skin tone. This morning, however, I went for a softer pink shade.)
- Rodan and Fields Redefine Triple Defense Treatment Moisturizer with SPF 30 to give the dewy look Drew mentions (Note: If you prefer not to have the weight of additional moisturizer, you can also achieve this look by setting your makeup in a steamy bathroom.)
- bareMinerals Original Loose Powder Foundation for shine control on my t-zone
- RIMMEL London lip liner in “Addiction”
- Buxom lipstick in “Two-Timer”
- L’Oreal Extra Volume Collagen Mascara