Guest blogger, Stefanie, is a middle school teacher by day and yoga instructor, mindfulness teacher, and dōTERRA Wellness Advocate when school gets out. She offers her tips for reducing back to school stress with essential oils!
The start of the school year can be a crazy frenetic chaotic mess: scrambling to get the right school materials, setting up new schedules, calming your kids’ first day jitters and figuring out the perfect back to school outfit! Well, these are my worries as a teacher, but I’m sure you can relate! It doesn’t need to be that way this year! With some careful planning, we can nip those sleepless nights, first day jitters, and germ worries right in the bud!
As a dear friend, teacher of your kiddos, and lover of all things TMM , I have some great back to school tips that revolve around my favorite wellness tool, essential oils!
Build Immunity with ONGUARD
We have all heard about how important it is to keep our and our kids’ immune systems up. This is why we turn the other way when they eat dirt or that weird bug on the ground (kidding… kind of!). No need to feed your kids dirt or spray them with antibacterial sprays! Nature has it’s own anti bacterial helpers that are safe and delicious! OnGuard is an essential oil blend created by dōTERRA that smells great and is an amazing immunity enhancer.
- Put a few drops on you and your kiddos feet in the morning before they head off to school.
- Use the OnGuard Touch and roll it down their spine!
- OnGuard is also available in laundry detergent, hand soap, and a cleaner concentrate so you can keep your home germ and harsh chemical free!
Calm those nerves with LAVENDER
Beat those night before school starts jitters (or pretty much the night before anything big stress) with some lavender essential oil.
- Put a few drops in epsom salt and sprinkle in the bathtub to turn bath time into relaxing time. This works amazing for your kids and equally as amazing for you.
- Finish the bath off with some lotion mixed with lavender oil to keep the calm lasting.
Get a good night’s sleep with Serenity
Everyone knows that getting rest is important for our health and well-being, but how do we make sure that we sleep well? Many of us struggle with falling asleep or staying asleep. DōTERRA Serenity or lavender essential oil can help calm mind and body to make falling asleep easier for the whole family.
- Diffuse Serenity or lavender essential oils in an oil diffuser next to their beds.
- Don’t have a diffuser yet? Put a few drops on bed pillows or make a night time spray using a plastic spray bottle and water (recipe below) to spray the bed sheets or bedroom pillows with each night!
- Monsters hiding under the bed seem to be excuse #1,431 on the long list of reasons kids give us for not wanting to go to bed. Make a Monster Be Gone! spray with Serenity or lavender essential oil. Put 25 drops of lavender, ½ cup of witch hazel and 1 ½ cups of water in a 16 oz plastic spray bottle. Shake well before each use!
Boost your memory with Peppermint
Now that you have back to school taken care of, you can focus on other fun things like getting that new shirt from TMM! It can be hard to know where to start with essential oils but they can be a fantastic part of your back to school routine!
Visit mydoterra.com/stefanieann to order any of the items mentioned here. Or, email me at [email protected] to get the conversations started and answer any questions you might have to help select the best options for your family.
Mention that you learned about dōTERRA from The Modern Mamanista to receive a FREE OnGuard Toothpaste with a 100pv or more order as well as some other pretty spectacular specials!
Did you like what you read? Want more tips, tricks, recipes, special offers and information about the oils? Click here to join the mailing list!